Yeghishe Kirakosyan holds the position of Adviser to the Prime Minister and is the Representative of Armenia before the European Court of Human Rights. He has an extensive experience of working with the Government since 2008, in the capacity of an Assistant to the Prime Minister, later as Deputy Minister of Justice. Y. Kirakosyan has been teaching since 2006, after defending Ph.D. thesis (title: Custom in Contemporary International Law). Courses taught include: Public International Law, Precedent in International Law, International Courts and Arbitration.
Y. Kirakosyan research and academic focus includes international courts and arbitration, responsibility in international law, countermeasure and enforcement of international law.
2018, Master of Science of Law (JSM), Stanford Law School
2010, Master of Laws in International Legal Studies (LLM), Georgetown University Law Center
2006, Ph.D. in International Law, Yerevan State University
2004, Master’s Degree in Jurisprudence (International Law), Yerevan State University
2002, Bachelor’s Degree in Jurisprudence, Yerevan State University
Public International Law
- Founder and Editor in chief of the Armenian Yearbook Of International and Comparative Law (published since 2013).
- Editor of “Proceedings of the conference, devoted to the 80th anniversary of YSU Faculty of Law”, Yerevan State University Press, 2014. (in English)
- CUSTOM IN CONTEMPORARY INTERNATIONAL LAW. Yerevan State University Press, 2009 (in Russian).
- Finding Custom: The ICJ and the International Criminal Courts and Tribunals Compared. In: The diversification and fragmentation of international criminal law. - Leiden; Boston: M. Nijhoff, 2012. - p. 149-161.
- Armenian-Turkish Reconciliation: The Reality and Possibilities (A Legal Perspective) in Prospects For Reconciliation: Theory And Practice. Ed. by Hranush Kharatyan & Leyla Neyzi; Proceedings of the International Workshop, Yerevan, 27 November 2010, pp. 54-69.
- Some Remarks on the Law of Treaties of the Republic of Armenia, state and Law, Yerevan 2011# 1(51), pp.67-78 (in Armenian).
- Custom in the system of Sources of International Law, in Contemporary Problems of Jurisprudence. Yerevan 2007, pp.194-219 (in Russian).
- General international Law and Customary International Law, MOSCOW State University Bulletin. Law. #3, 2006 (in Russian).
- The role of the custom in the system of sources of International Humanitarian Law, Russian Yearbook of International Law, Special Edition, 2006 (in Russian).
- The role of the General Assembly resolutions in creating customary norms of International Law, The Problems of Jurisprudence, #4, 2004 Yerevan (in Armenian).
- Opinio juris as the second element for formation of customary international law, The Problems of Jurisprudence, #3-4, 2004 Yerevan (in Armenian).
- The role of ICJ decisions in International law, Problems of jurisprudence, 2003, # 4, pp. 56-62, Yerevan (in Armenian).
- Some problems the self-determination, in Collection of Scientific Works devoted to the 70th Anniversary of the Law Faculty of Yerevan State University. Yerevan University Press, 2003, pp. 369-378 (in Armenian).
- The expediency of spread of sovereignty of will in International Private relations, in The Problems of Jurisprudence, 2003, # 3, pp. 101-107, Yerevan (in Armenian).
- The comprehension and guarantees of freedom of conscience, in The protection of Human Rights in Armenia, Second student scientific conference, Selected reports publication, 2001, Yerevan (in Armenian).
- The European convention of Human Rights and Fundamental freedoms and the legislation of Armenia, in The protection of Human Rights in Armenia” –First student scientific conference April 28-29 2000, Selected reports publication, 2000, Yerevan, pp. 22-31(in Armenian).
(+374 60) 61-27-55