Suren Khachatryan started his AUA career in 1998 as a Computing Lab and Software instructor. He joined the CSE as a Lecturer in 2001, when the Computer and Information Science (CIS) program was established. From 2005 to 2007 he served as Director of Instructional Computing Unit. He is an Assistant Professor since 2005. He was the CIS Program Chair from 2012 to 2016. As a coach of AUA CIS and CS student teams Suren Khachatryan participated in local and international programming contests from 2005 to 2018.
2000, PhD in Computational Physics
Yerevan State University
1996, ME in Earthquake Engineering
American University of Armenia
1994, BS in Physics
Yerevan State University
- Engineering Analysis with MATLAB
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Introduction to OOP with C++ and Java
- Data Structures and Algorithms with C++ and Java
- Advanced OOP
- Software Engineering
- Practicum in Software Engineering
- Image Processing
- Math Modeling Applications
- Theory of Computing
- Mechanics (for Engineering, for CS)
- Capstone Preparation
- Supervising Capstone Theses
- Leading individual studies in Computational Models of Emotional Learning
- Leading individual studies in Lie Groups and Lie Algebras
- Leading individual studies in Machine Learning
- Khachatryan, Kh. Grigoryan. A Gate Model of Emotional Learning. In Proc. of the 9th Int. Conference on Computer Science and Information Technologies, Yerevan, Armenia, 137-139, 2013.
- Khachatryan, A. Gaspar. Color Based Iterative Detection of the Face Vertical Axis. In Advanced Applications of Electrical Engineering – Proc. of the 8th WSEAS Int. Conference on Applications of Electrical Engineering, 222-227, 2009.
- Khachatryan. Propagation of 2D Nonlinear Density Waves on an Adaptive Mesh. In Recent Advances in Continuum Mechanics – Proc. of the 4th IASME / WSEAS Int. Conference on Continuum Mechanics, 62-66, 2009.
- S. Khachatryan. Modification of the Method of Integration along Characteristics as Adaptive Mesh Approach in Solution of Hyperbolic and Parabolic PDEs. WSEAS Transactions on Mathematics, 4 (1), 24-27, 2005
- G. Abrahamian, S. G. Khachatryan. Illustration of the Nonlinear Wave Model of Spiral Structure for Galaxies with Different Types of Rotation Curves. Astrophizica, 43, 216, 2000.
- G. Abrahamian, S. G. Khachatryan. Propagation of an Explosive Pulse in an Embedded, Rotating, Light Gaseous Disk. Astrophizica, 43, 63, 2000.
- M. G. Abrahamian, S. G. Khachatryan. Nonlinear Perturbations in Gravitating Gaseous Disc at the Edge of Gravitating Instability and the Spiral Structure of Galaxies. Astrophizica, 42, 407, 1999.
- Khachatryan. From Logic Puzzles to Logic Gates – Combining Fun and Practice in Teaching Introduction to Computer Science; In Proc. of the 5th Int. Conference on New Perspectives in Science Education, Florence, Italy, 154-158, 2016.
- Hovanessian, A. Asadoorian, S. Khachatryan. Object-Oriented Management Platform for a KNX-based Home Automation System. In Proc. of the 4th Int. Conference of Young Scientists on Computer Science and Engineering CSE2010, Lviv, Ukraine, 38-39, 2010.
- Khachatryan, M. Minassian. Microsoft Word Essentials; Areg, Yerevan, ISBN 99930-56-32-4, 2004.
- S. Khachatryan, M. Minassian. Microsoft Excel Discovery; Areg, Yerevan, ISBN 99930-56-37-5, 2003.
Office location: 332W/PAB