Michael Poghosyan joined AUA in 2013. He received his PhD in Mathematics in 2002, at Yerevan State University. Michael is also the Head of Financial Mathematics Department at YSU. His research interests are in Harmonic Analysis, Functions Approximations and PDEs.
2002, PhD in Mathematics
Yerevan State University
2002, MS in Mathematics
Yerevan State University
- Calculus 1, 2, 3
- Real Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Historical Development of Mathematical Ideas
- Portfolio Theory and Risk Management (co-taught with Henrik Shahgholian)
- Partial Differential Equations
- Martirosyan, G. Mikayelyan, A. Petrosyan, M. Poghosyan, S. Rafayelyan, A. Sahakian, Collection of topics for term and diploma papers (Theory of Functions), Yerevan, 2009, 164p. (in Armenian)
- Avetisyan, M. Poghosyan, Variational Calculus and Optimal Control (lecture notes), Yerevan, 2008, 148p. (in Armenian)
- Galstyan, A. Hakobyan, M. Martirosyan, V. Musoyan, M. Poghosyan, Collection of topics for term and diploma papers (Mathematical Analysis), Yerevan, 2004, 154p. (in Armenian)
Papers in Peer-reviewed Journals:
- Gevorkyan G., Poghosyan M., On Recovery of Coefficients of Franklin Series with a "Good" majorant of Partial Sums, Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Analysis, v. 52, no. 5, pp. 211-218, 2017, https://rdcu.be/bfEaN
- Arakelyan, A.; Barkhudaryan, R.; Poghosyan, M., Numerical solution of the two-phase obstacle problem by finite difference method, Armenian Journal of Mathematics, 7, (2), pp. 164-182, (2015)
- Arakelyan, A. G.; Barkhudaryan, R. H.; Poghosyan, M. P., Finite difference scheme for two-phase obstacle problem. Dokl. Nats. Akad. Nauk Armen. 111 (2011), no. 3, 224-231.
- Arakelyan, A.; Barkhudaryan, R.; Pogosyan, M., An error estimate for the finite difference method for the one-phase obstacle problem. (Russian) Izv. Nats. Akad. Nauk Armenii Mat. 46 (2011), no. 3, 3–16; translation in J. Contemp. Math. Anal. 46 (2011), no. 3, 131-141.
- Teitur Arnarson, Boualem Djehiche, Michael Poghosyan, and Henrik Shahgholian, A PDE approach to regularity of solutions to finite horizon optimal switching problems. Nonlinear Anal. 71 (2009), no. 12, 6054-6067.
- Poghosyan and R. Teymurazyan, One-Phase parabolic free boundary problem in a convex ring, Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Analysis, 44(2009), no. 3, pp. 64-81.
- Acker, M. Poghosyan and H. Shahgholian, Convex Configurations for Solutions to Semilinear Elliptic Problems in Convex Rings, Communications in Partial Differential Equations, 31(2006), no. 7-9, pp. 1273–1287.
- Keryan, M. Poghosyan, The Periodic Franklin System as Basis In H^1[0, 1], Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Analysis, 40(2005), no. 1, pp. 56–79.
- Acker, A. Henrot, M. Poghosyan and H. Shahgholian, The multilayer free boundary problem for the p-Laplacian in convex domains, Interfaces and Free Boundaries(2004), no. 6, pp. 81-103.
- Gevorkyan and M. Poghosyan, On uniqueness of general orthogonal series, Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Analysis, 35(2000), no. 5, pp. 81-83.
- Poghosyan, Uniqueness of series by general Franklin systems, Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Analysis, 35(2000), no. 4, pp. 77–83.
- M. Poghosyan, Almost everywhere convergence of series by generalized Franklin systems, Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Analysis, 35(2000), no. 2, pp. 64–77.
Research database IDs:
Office location: #336W/PAB, Fall 2019