Louisa Harutyunyan joined CSE in 2016 as an adjunct lecturer. In 2020 Louisa Harutyunyan was appointed as the Program Chair of MS in Computer and Information Science program. Prior to joining AUA she was a postdoctoral researcher for two years at LIP6, Sorbonne Universités, Université Pierre et Marie Curie-Paris 6. Louisa obtained her
PhD in Computer Science at the University of Concordia in 2014. Her doctoral research was centered on designing algorithms for efficient data dissemination in wireless networks. She received a Master of Computer Science in 2009 from Simon Fraser University, and a Bachelor of Honours Computer Science in 2007 from Concordia University. Her research interests lie in the areas of mobile and distributed computing, designing of algorithms for mobile ad-hoc networks, sensor networks, and approximation algorithms for routing in distributed networks. In 2020 Louisa Harutyunyan was appointed as the Program Chair of MS in Computer and Information Science program.
Concordia University, Montréal, Canada.
2009, MSc (Master of Computer Science)
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
2007, BSc (Honours Computer Science and Minor in Mathematics and Statistics)
Concordia University, Montréal, Canada
- Distributed Algorithms
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Data Structures
- Discrete Mathematics
BS Capstone Supervision:
Spring 2020 – 2 students
Spring 2019 – 9 students
Spring 2017 – 2 students
- L. Harutyunyan. On the total (k,r)-domination number of random graphs. arXiv:1511.07249 [cs], November 2015.
- L. Harutyunyan. 1-movable dominating set in wireless sensor networks. In 8th IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference (WMNC’15), pp. 269-276, 2015.
- L. Harutyunyan. On placement of multiple sinks in wireless sensor networks. In 15th IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM’14), pp. 1-4, 2014
- L. Harutyunyan and J. Opatrny. Efficient beacon-less broadcasting in manets. In 28th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA’14), pp. 172-179, 2014.
- L. Harutyunyan and L. Narayanan. Minimum 2-connected distance-k p-dominating set in wireless sensor networks. In 8th IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob’12), pp. 1-6, 2012.
- T. Fevens, A. E. Abdallah, T. El Salti, and L. Harutyunyan. A class of orientation-invariant yao-type subgraphs of a unit disk graph. In 4th ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS Conference of Mobile Computing (DIALM-POMC’07), pp. 1-8, 2007.
2014 – 2016 FRQNT (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies) Postdoctoral Scholarship
2011 – 2012 FRQNT Doctoral Scholarship
2009 – 2012 Scholarship for High Caliber Ph.D. Students, Concordia University
2008 – 2009 NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada) Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship
2007 – 2008 Pacific Century Graduate Scholarship, Simon Fraser University
Office location: 337W/PAB