Ms. Loucine Hayes is an international development executive and independent consultant with 25 years’ executive experience on four continents in 27 countries. She has extensive experience in curriculum development, educational program delivery, and the management of rural initiatives. She worked at international NGOs in leadership positions and led large U.S. government agency during period of rapid growth. She has expertise in executive leadership and international development, education and public health, training and teaching, multilateral and bilateral donors, funds and foundations strategic and operational development, budget development, inter-organizational communications and strong partnerships.
Within the academic setting, she contributed to the establishment of a women's college in Hail, Saudi Arabia, while at the same time developing curricula and course materials for business English and management courses at that institution. Later, working with World Vision Armenia, she established training and development courses in education, health, business development and nutrition. Other initiatives include developing short-term courses for housing microfinance, budgeting and financial management, strategic decision-making and negotiations for Habitat for Humanity’s Europe and Central Asia’s regional programs, and as Country Director for Peace Corps Uganda, she redesigned the training and development department and raised funds through Global Education Fund and Feed the Future to develop a literacy lab that provided ongoing teacher training for local teachers throughout the East Africa region.
Ms. Hayes has a MBA from the Edinburgh Business School and Bachelor’s in Foreign Languages from the Yerevan State Linguistic University as well as TEFL/TESL certificate from University of Utah.
- MBA, Edinburgh Business School, Edinburgh, Scotland, 2003.
- TEFL/TESL Certificate, University of Utah, 1998.
- Foreign languages degree, Yerevan State Linguistic University, Armenia, 1994.
- Foreign Service Institute, Spanish Language Proficiency Courses, 2017
Research Activities and Conferences
- Why Foreign Aid Failed in Africa, research paper for MBA Special Project. Edinburgh Business School, 2003
- Speaker at PEPFAR Strategy Launch, Global Conference, Durban 2014
- Speaker at Cracking the Nut Conference, represented PC Uganda at Feed the Future project, Rwanda, 2013, Zambia, 2014, and Washington DC, 2015
- Member FEANTSA (European Federation of National Organizations Working with the Homeless). Keynote presenter at Housing Rights and Policy Development Conference (Budapest, Oct. 2008), and at FEANTSA annual conference (Nov. 2008) in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom.
LANGUAGES: English, French, Spanish, Armenian, Russian
E-mail: [email protected]
Office location: 110 M (MB)
Office hours: by appointment via email