Lilit Martirosyan is a lawyer with substantial experience in various areas of legal reforms in Armenia. She has over 20 years of work experience in law and management. For over a decade, she has been involved in USAID, IFC, WB and other donor-funded projects that aimed to establish and strengthen the rule of law in Armenia.
Between 1999-2005 and the last four years, she has working on developing rules and procedures in many areas of environmental law (including water law with USAID/ARD Water Resources Management Project and forest law with IRM Scandinavia AB/SIDA Institutional Support Project and recently with World Bank/Ameria Consulting as the Experts’ Team Leader). She was a member of law-drafting groups such as RA Forest Code, Civil Code and Administrative Offences’ Code amendments as well as other legal acts.
In her career, Lilit Martirosyan has successfully combined legal practice with business management. Between 2005 and 2013, she served as the Head of Legal Department and later as the Director (CEO) for Hovnanian International Ltd. where she practiced labor law.
She has been teaching for more than 15 years now, and she has taught in Europe (Open Society Institute) environmental law subjects for master program students.
2013, Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (ABT), Prifysgol Cymru (University of Wales), Zurich, Switzerland
1998, L.L.M. (Muskie Program), UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California
1994, M.S. (equivalent) in Biology with Honors, Armenian State Pedagogical Institute, Yerevan, Armenia
- Introduction to Environmental Law
- Introduction to Labor Law
- В.Л.Чалабов, Л.А.Мартиросян и Н.М.Абамян. “Роль общественных организаций в обеспечении экологической безопаснисти”. Международная Академия Наук Экологии и Безопасности Жизнедеетельности. Вестник, МАНГЭБ, Санкт-Петербург, Россия, 2007, том 12, номер 4
- В.Л.Чалабов, М.А.Мартиросян и Л.А.Мартиросян. “Экология города”. Международная Академия Наук Экологии и Безопасности Жизнедеетельности. Вестник , МАНГЭБ, Санкт-Петербург, Россия, 2006, том 11, номер 8
- В.Л.Чалабов, М.А.Мартиросян и Л.А.Мартиросян. “О правовой основе оценки возмещения ущерба от воздействия экологических факторов”. Научные чтения. Современные проблемы безопасности: Анализ и решения. Материалы IX международных научных чтений, МАНГЭБ, Санкт-Петербург, Россия, 2005
- December 2016, Certificate on Interactive Teaching Methodologies for Law School Professors by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- January 2013, Certificate of appreciation by the World Bank Group/IFC for Contribution to Doing Business in a More Transparent World 2013
- May 2006, Diploma #02784 on elected correspondending member of Academy in accordance with Academy Statutes by International Academy of Ecology& Life Protection Sciences (IAELPS), St.-Petersburg, Russia
- November 2002, Certificate on Introduction to USAID Environmental Procedures, Environmental Review, Screening, Mitigation and Monitoring by USAID Bureau for Europe and Eurasia, Yerevan, Armenia
- October 2001, Outstanding Muskie Award by American Councils on 10 years’ anniversary of Muskie program in Armenia
- September 11-29, 2000, UNITED NATIONS “PEACE MESSENGER” AWARD. Protection of the Environment for the New Millennium by Institute of International Public Law and International Relations of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
- July – August 1995, SUMMER LAW SCHOOL: Environmental Law Placement Program in England and Wales by Conservation Foundation, United Kingdom
(+374 60) 61-27-55
Wednesday–Friday from 4PM - 6PM (by appointment)