Dr. Khalid Aboura spent several years involved in academic research at the George Washington University, Washington D.C, U.S.A, where he completed the Master of Science and the Doctor of Science degrees in Operations Research. Dr. Aboura has extensive experience in Stochastic Modelling, Operations Research, Simulation, Maintenance Optimization and Mathematical Optimization. Dr. Khalid Aboura worked as a Research Scientist at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization of Australia and conducted research at the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the School of Computing and Communication, University of Technology Sydney, Australia. Dr. Khalid Aboura was a Research Scientist at the Kuang-Chi Institute of Advanced Technology of Shenzhen, China. He headed the Department of Quantitative Methods at the College of Business Administration at the University of Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
1989, Doctor of Science in Operations Research, minor in Statistics
The George Washington University
1985, Master of Science in Operations Research
The George Washington University
1982, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
The University of Science and Technology of Algiers
- Operations Management, Undergraduate, MBA Level, Executive MBA Level
- Quantitative Methods in Business, Undergraduate
- Principles of Business Mathematics, Undergraduate
- Principles of Business Statistics, Undergraduate
- Mathematics & Statistics for Business, Pre-MBA course, Executive MBA Level
- Stochastic Foundations of Operations Research, Master Level
- Computer Applications in Production/Operations Management, Master Level
- Elements of Decision Making and Problem Solving, Master Level
- Probability and Bayesian Statistics, Master Level
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting Techniques, Master and Doctorate Level
- Reliability Theory, Master and Doctorate Level
- Probability and Statistics, Continuing Education
- Gamma Process in Maintenance Optimization, Continuing Education
- Decision Support Algorithms in Image Analysis, (with R. Al-Hmouz), Organizacija, Vol. 50, No. 3, August 2017.
- Second-law analysis in the peristaltic flow of variable viscosity fluid, (with S. Munawar and N. Saleem), International Journal of Exergy, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 170-185, 2016.
- A Statistical Model for Shutdowns due to Air Quality Control for a Copper Production Decision Support System, Organizacija, Vol. 48, No. 3, August 2015.
- Optimal Adaptive Replacement in a Renewal Process, (with N. I. Robinson), Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 424–434, July/August 2015.
- Weibull Decision Support Systems in Maintenance, (with J. I. Agbinya and A. Eskandarian), Organizacija, Vol. 47, No. 2, May 2014.
- Bayesian Updating of the Gamma Distribution for the Analysis of Stay Times in a System, (with J. I. Agbinya), Journal of Machine to Machine Communications, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1-16, January 2014.
- License Plate Localization Using a Statistical Analysis of Discrete Fourier Transform Signal, (with R. Al-Hmouz), Computers and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 982-992, 2014.
- Adaptive Maintenance Optimization Using Initial Reliability Estimates, (with J. I. Agbinya), Journal of Green Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 325-345, 2013.
- The Need for Simulation in Complex Industrial Systems, (with M. Kljajić and A. Eskandarian), Organizacija, North America, Vol. 45, No. 5, Oct. 2012.
- The Information System for Bridge Networks Condition Monitoring and Prediction, (with B. Samali), International Journal of Information Technologies and Systems Approach, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 1-18, 2012.
- A System for Bridge Network Condition Assessment and Prediction, (with B. Samali, K. I. Crews, W. Ariyaratne and P. Manamperi), in Incorporating Sustainable Practice in Mechanics and Structures of Materials, Fragomeni, Venkatesan, Lam & Setunge (eds), 2011 Taylor & Francis Group, London, UK, pp. 739–744, ISBN: 978-0-415-61657-7.
- Software Engineering for Mapping Radio Frequency Pollution, (with J. Agbinya and Z. Chaczko), International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 129-136, 2010.
- Mapping and Recognition of Radio Frequency Clutter in Various Environments in Australia, (with J. Agbinya, V. Lee and Z. Chaczko), International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 137-144, 2010.
- Pseudo Bayesian and Linear Regression Global Thresholding, International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications, Vol. 56, No. 1, pp. 63-72, 2010.
- The Use of Stochastic Processes in Bridge Lifetime Assessment, (with B. Samali, K. Crews and J. Li), Biomedical and Environmental Sensing, J.I. Agbinya et al. (Eds), River Publishers Series in Information Science and Technology, Denmark, Chap. 15, pp. 295-316, 2009.
- Stochastic Processes for Modeling Bridge Deterioration, (with B. Samali, K. Crews and J. Li), in Futures in Mechanics of Structures and Materials, T. Aravinthan, W. Karunasena, H. Wang (Eds), CRC Press / Balkema, Taylor & Francis Group, London, UK, pp. 533-538, 2009.
- Automatic Thresholding of License Plate, International Journal of Automation and Control, Vol. 2, Nos. 2-3, pp. 213-231, 2008.
- Distributed Recursive Algorithm for Auto Calibration in Drift Aware Wireless Sensor Networks, (with M. Takruri and S. Challa), Innovations and Advanced Techniques in Systems, Computing Sciences and Software Engineering, K. Elleithy (ed.), pp. 21-25, Springer Netherlands, 2008.
- Estimating the Number of People in Buildings Using Visual Information, (with S. Challa, K. Ravikanth and S. Deshpande), Information, Decision and Control, pp. 124-129, 2007.
- Modelling Trust in Wireless Sensor Networks from the Sensor Reliability Prospective, (with M. Momani and S. Challa), in Innovative Algorithms and Techniques in Automation, Industrial Electronics and Telecommunications, Springer Netherlands, pp. 317-321, 2007.
- Evaluating Options to Increase Production of a Copper Smelter Aisle: A Simulation Approach, (with P. Welgama, R.G. Mills, A. Struthers, and D. Tucker), Simulation, Vol. 67, No. 4, pp. 247-267, 1996.
- Plenty of Data? (with P. Welgama and R.G. Mills), The Quality Magazine, Vol. 4, No. 5, 1995.
- Using Expert Opinion in Reliability Assessment, (with N.D. Singpurwalla and R. Soyer), Reliability Review, Vol. 9, pp. 11-12, 1989.
- Software for Use of Expert Opinion in Reliability, (with N.D. Singpurwalla and R. Soyer), ASQC Quality Congress Transactions, pp. 527-532, 1989.
Research database IDs:
- Omega Rho (Operations Research Honor Society)
- Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honor Society)
- Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Honor Society
- Elected to the Fourth Annual ORSA Doctoral Colloquium
Office Location: 330W/PAB