Hayk Malkhasyan has earned his Bachelor's degree in Law from Russian-Armenian University. He holds Master's degree in Laws (LL.M.) from Russian-Armenian University with specialization in Business Law and Commercial law. Hayk holds a PhD in Private Law. Hayk has successfully participated in the Public Policy and public Administration course at Tufts University, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
Hayk has been working in various roles as a legal expert for the Armenian Government since 2010, where he was involved in drafting and review of legislation and participated in the preparation of a number of PPP contracts. Hayk has been teaching and conducting research at the Russian-Armenian University since 2013 and at the American University of Armenia since 2017.
January 2017, PhD in Law (Ph.D.), Russian-Armenian University
June 2014, Certificate in Public Policy and Public Administration, Tufts University, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
June 2012, Master of Laws (LL.M.), Russian-Armenian University
June 2010, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Russian-Armenian University
- RA Civil Law Basics
- Malkhasyan, Hayk G. Changes of circumstances and their consequences for contractual relations, RAU Publishing, Yerevan, 2017
- Malkhasyan, H.; Graser, A.; Burjanadze, G.; Evoyan, M.; Natsvlishvili, V. Proportionality and Human Rights in German, Armenian and Georgian Constitutional Adjudication, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), Tbilisi, 2017. // lawlibrary.info/ge/books/CLS_Issue-2_Proportionality-and-HRs-in-const-adjudication_DE_AM_GE.pdf
- Malkhasyan, Hayk. “Building the Ladder: Treaties in the Hierarchy of Sources Under the 2015 Amendments to the Armenian Constitution.”: South Caucasus Law Journal, 08/2017: pp. 250-255. // www.lawlibrary.info/ge/books/giz2017-ru-en-south-caucasus-law-journal-VIII.pdf
- Malkhasyan, Hayk. “The emergence and development of the doctrine of changed circumstances as an exception from the sanctity of contracts rule in Continental Europe.” Russian-Armenian University Herald: humanities and social sciences, 2 (23), (2016): pp. 123-135.
- Malkhasyan, Hayk G. “The problems of determining the criteria of existence of fundamental change of circumstances in Republic of Armenia Civil Law: “unforeseeability” as an example.” East European Scientific Journal, 10, (2016): part 3, pp. 20-25.
- Malkhasyan, Hayk; Avanesyan, Avag. “The dissolution of contract due to fundamental change of circumstances: legal and economic aspects.” Russian-Armenian University Herald: humanities and social sciences, 3 (21), (2015): pp. 68-80.
- Malkhasyan, Hayk. “The category of “risk” in contract law and its significance in the application of fundamental change of circumstances rules.” Justice, Law Institute of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia SNCO, 4 (31), (2015): pp. 69-75.
- Malkhasyan, Hayk. “Legal regulation of the institute of changed circumstances in French Law: contemporary law and the legislative trends.” Justice, Law Institute of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia SNCO, 3 (30), (2015): pp. 70-76.
- Malkhasyan, Hayk. “The doctrine of changed circumstances in the Vienna Convention on International Sale of Goods 1980: problems of interpretation and “gap filling.”” Justice, Law Institute of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia SNCO, 2 (29), (2015): pp. 93-102.
- Malkhasyan, Hayk. “Problems of legal regulation of changed circumstances in English Contract Law: theoretical and practical aspects.” Justice, Law Institute of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia SNCO, 1 (28), (2015): pp. 75-84.
- Malkhasyan, Hayk G. “Distinguishing the Institutes of Fundamental Change of Circumstances and Impossibility of Performance in Republic of Armenia Civil Law.” Russian Journal of Comparative Law, Vol. (2), Is. 2, (2014): pp. 60-70. DOI: 10.13187/rjcl.2014.2.60
- Malkhasyan, Hayk. “The change of circumstances as an institute of Civil Law in the Countries of Europe: historic evolution, present state and current trends.” Collection of scientific articles, presented at the Aspirant forum “Contemporary science: development trends, problems and perspectives”, RAU publishing, Yerevan 2013: pp. 78-81
- Malkhasyan, Hayk. “Peculiarities of legal regulation of the institute of mortgage in the Russian Federation and the Republic of Armenia (Comparative study)”. Collection of scientific articles, presented at The IV Annual scientific conference of Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, RAU publishing, Yerevan 2010: pp. 145-152
(+374 60) 61-27-55