Ashot Harutyunyan joined CSE as an adjunct lecturer in 2018. Harutyunyan holds a PhD in Mathematics from Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems of the Armenian National Academy of Sciences. He is a Sr. Data Scientist at VMware. Previously held research positions in industry and academia. He was a visiting scientist of various universities worldwide and a recipient of an Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship at University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, 2004-2006. His research interests include information and coding theory, statistics, and data science/machine learning/AI.
1997, PhD in Mathematics
National Academy of Sciences
1994, MS in Mathematics
Yerevan State University
- Machine Learning
- Theory of Communication Networks
- N. Harutyunyan, A.V. Poghosyan, N.M. Grigoryan, N.A. Hovhannisyan, and N. Kushmerick, On machine learning approaches for automated log management, J.UCS special issue on Collaborative Technologies and Data Science in Smart City Applications, vol. 25, issue 8, pp. 925-945, 2019.
- N. Harutyunyan, A.V. Poghosyan, and N.M. Grigoryan,Confidence-controlled sampling methods and systems to analyze high-frequency monitoring data and event messages of a distributed computing system, US patent 2019/0026206 A1.
- V. Poghosyan, A.N. Harutyunyan, N.A. Hovhannisyan, N.M. Grigoryan, A.J. Han Vinck, and Y. Chen, Time series quantization and compression subject to distortion measures, Proc. 11th AEW on Concepts in Information Theory, Royal Maas Yacht Club, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, July 3-5, pp. 11-22, 2019.
- N. Harutyunyan, A.V. Poghosyan, N.M. Grigoryan, N. Kushmerick, and H Beybutyan:
Identifying changed or sick resources from logs, Proc. IEEE Int. Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC),Trento, Italy, Sept 3-7, pp. 86-91, 2018.
- N. Harutyunyan, A.V. Poghosyan, N. Kushmerick, and N.M. Grigoryan, Learning baseline models of log sources, Proc. Collaborative Technologies and Data Science in Smart City Applications (CODASSCA), AUA, Yerevan, Armenia, Sep. 12-15, pp. 145-156, 2018.
- N. Harutyunyan, Y. Chen, and A.J. Han Vinck, Thoughts on information-theoretic aspects of several problems in data science, Proc. Collaborative Technologies and Data Science in Smart City Applications (CODASSCA), AUA, Yerevan, Armenia, Sep. 12-15, pp. 118-122, 2018.
- M. Longe, K. Ouahada, S. River, A.N. Harutyunyan, and H.C. Ferreira, Distributed demand side management with battery storage for smart home energy scheduling, Sustainability, vol. 9, issue 1, 13p., 2017.
Office location: 334W/PAB