Armen Kostanyan joined AUA in 2002. He graduated from the Faculty of Applied Mathematics of Yerevan State University (YSU) in 1979. From 1981 to 1984 he studied in Graduate School at the Department of Theoretical Cybernetics of Kiev State University under supervision of Professor Alexander Letichevsky. His the thesis topic was "Search of Invariants for Programs with Boolean Arrays". In 2006 Armen received the academic degree of Associate Professor in mathematics.
He participated in the research program “Development of Scientific Computing Grid on the Base of Armcluster for South Caucasus Region” sponsored by International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) foundation (2007-2009). He also participated in educational program sponsored by the Open Society Institute (OSI) Assistance Foundation (2012-2014), and in joint educational program between YSU and University of Rostock (2010-2013).
His research interests include program verification, fuzzy computations, development of application-specific algorithms, problems in integrated circuit physical design.
Armen Kostanyan is the author of over 20 scientific articles and 3 textbooks.
1984, Post Graduate Studies,
Department of Theoretical Cybernetics of Kiev State University, Ukraine
1979, Master's Degree,
Faculty of Applied Mathematics of Yerevan State University
- Introduction to algorithms
- Advanced topics in algorithms
- Object oriented analysis and design
- Programming paradigms
- Theory of computing
- Theory of computational systems design
1. A. Kostanyan, A. Karapetyan. String Matching in Case of Periodicity in the Pattern. In. Proc. of International Conference on Information Technologies ICIT-2019: Recent Research in Control Engineering and Decision Making, Saratov, Russia, February, 2019. Printed in “Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, vol. 199”, Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019, pp. 61-66.
2. A. Kostanyan. Fuzzy String Matching with Finite Automata, in Proceedings on 2017 IEEE Conference "2017 Computer Science and Information Technologies" (CSIT), Yerevan, Armenia,
25-29 Sep., 2017, IEEE Press, USA, 2018, pp. 9 - 11.
3. A. Kostanyan, S. Kurazyan. Critical Problems for a Slicing Floorplan, in Proceedings on 2017 IEEE Conference "2017 Computer Science and Information Technologies" (CSIT), Yerevan, Armenia,
25-29 Sep., 2017, IEEE Press, USA, 2018, pp. 69 - 73.
4. A. Kostanyan, S. Kurazyan. Migration of a Net in a Slicing Floorplan. In Proc. of Computer Science & Information Technologies (CSIT) Conference, Yerevan, Armenia, September 2017, pp. 156-159.
5. A. Kostanyan, T. Demirchyan. A Toolkit for Representation and Processing of Fuzzy Knowledge and its Applications, In. Proc. of International Conference on Information Technologies ICIT-2017: Information and Communication Technologies in Education, Manufacturing and Research, Saratov, Russia, September 2017, pp. 150-157
6. A. Kostanyan, P. Khnkoyan. Computations in Boolean Algebra with Approximation. Journal “Fundamenta Informaticae”, IOS press, Volume 135, Number 3, 2014, pp. 229–241
7. A. Avagyan, A. Kostanyan, M. Manukyan, S. Shoukourian. Instrumental environment of virtual education of Yerevan State University and its applications. Proceedings of 3rd international conf. “States and prospects of elaboration of professional retraining of specialists in CIS countries in new directions of elaboration of technique and technologies”, Moscow, RU, 2012, pp. 55-60
8. A. Kostanyan, L. Soghomonyan. A framework for conceptual knowledge representation, In Proc. of 4th Annual Scientific Conference of RAU, Yerevan, Armenia, 2010, pp. 171-176
9. A. Kostanyan, S. Shoukourian , A. Varosyan. Solvability of Formal Verification Problem for Business Process Templates, Published in Proceedings of Emerging M&S Applications in Industry and Academia Symposium 2010 (EAIA 2010), SpringSim’2010 Multi-conference of Society for Computer Simulation, pp. 66-74, 11-15 April 2010, Orlando, FL, USA
10. I.Boyakhchyan, A.Kostanyan, V.Matevosyan, S.Shoukourian,A.Varosyan. Process Based Management of Specific GRID Configurations: Verification of Changes", Published in Proceedings of "The Future Business Technology Conference" (FUBUTEC'2009), EUROSIS, pp. 57-61, April 2009, Bruges, Belgium
11. A. Kostanyan, V. Matevosyan, S. Shoukourian, A.Varosyan. An Approach for Formal Verification of Business Processes// Published in Business and Industry Symposium 2009 (BIS'09), SpringSim'09 Multi-conference of Society for Computer Simulation, ACM Press, March 2009, San Diego, USA
12. A. Kostanyan, A.Varosyan. Partial Recongnizing Algorithm for Verification of Workflow Processes // Proc. of "The Future Business Technology Conference"(FUBUTEC’2008) organized by EUROSIS, Porto, Portugal, 2008, pp. 89-94
13. A. Kostanyan, Kh.Hayrapetyan. Method of Slicing Floorplan Optimization // Proc. of the Conf. “Computer Science & Information Technologies”, Yerevan, Armenia, 2005, pp. 506-510
14. A. Kostanyan. Approximative Computations over the Boolean Algebra // Proc. of the Conf. “Computer Science & Information Technologies”, Yerevan, Armenia, 2003, pp. 135-139
15. A. Kostanyan, A. Asatryan. Usage of Invariant Molds for Verification of a Particular Class of Object-oriented Programs// Proc. of the Conf. “Computer Science & Information Technologies”, Yerevan, Armenia, 2001, pp. 141-143
16. A. Kostanyan. On a Method of Multi-Layer Chip Routing // Proc. of the Conf. “Computer Science & Information Technologies”, Yerevan, Armenia, 2001, pp. 341-345
17. A.Kostanyan. A Heuristic Search of Invariants for a Class of Programs // Kibernetika i sistemny analiz, Kiev, Ukraine, 1999, #2, pp.14-33
18. A.Kostanian. Peculiarities of Invariants Search for Programs with Arrays // Proc. of the Conf. Computer Science & Information Technologies, Yerevan, Armenia, 1997, pp. 34-36
19. S. Shoukourian, A.Kostanian. Results on Justification of a Unified Test Design Technology both for Offline and Online Testing// Proc. of the Conf. Computer Science & Information Technologies, Yerevan, Armenia, 1997, pp. 326-329
20. S.Shoukourian, A. Kostanian, V.Margarian, A.Ashour. An Approach for System Tests Design and Its Applications// Proc. of the 13-th IEEE VLSI Test Symposium, NJ, Princeton, USA, 1995, pp. 448-453
21. A. Kostanian. A Problem of Verification for Linear Programs with Boolean Arrays // Kibernetika i sistemny analiz, Kiev, Ukraine, 1995, #5, pp. 87-94.
• A. Kostanyan. Solving Problems in Prolog, textbook, Yerevan State University, 2016
• A. Kostanyan. Basics of Programming Languages Design and Implementation, textbook, Yerevan State University, 2005
• A. Kostanyan, M. Manukyan. Informatics, Electronic school-book for 9-10 classes of high school, Yerevan State University, 2005.
Office location: #330W/PAB