Arman Arakelyan’s research interests include Human-Computer Interaction and Design Thinking, focusing on research projects on Sustainability, Appropriation and Sustainable Interaction Design. Arman Arakelyan has been working in key IT and management positions both in Armenia and abroad for over a decade. He has consulted on, managed and delivered projects in the intersections of information system development, business process optimization and interaction design for organizations in the business, public, and non-profit sectors.
Before joining AUA, Arman Arakelyan was Head of Analysis and Design at IUNetworks, where he was leading business and system analysts, UI/UX Designers and Technical Writers with daily oversight of analysis and design activities for new applications, products, and services in e-Government, Financial and Telecom sectors. He holds a Master of Science degree in Information Science from Simmons University, Boston and is an active member of the International Institute of Business Analysis, Interaction Design Foundation, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group in Human-Computer Interaction.
2007, Master of Science, Simmons University
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Information Visualization
- Design Thinking
- Startup Culture
- Arakelyan, Arman; Shmorgun, Ilya; Sousa, Sónia (2014). Incorporating Values into the Design Process: The Case of E-Textbook Development for Estonia. New Horizons in Web Based Learning. Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Web-based Learning ICWL 2014, Tallinn, Estonia, 14-17 August 2014. Springer, 274−281. (8699).10.1007/978-3-319-13296-9_30.
- Sousa, Sónia; Lamas, David; Shmorgun, Ilya; Arakelyan, Arman (2014). A design space for trust enabling interaction design. Proceedings of the International Conference on Multimedia, Interaction, Design and Innovation MIDI 2014: International Conference on Multimedia, Interaction, Design and Innovation MIDI 2014, Warsaw, Poland, June 24-25, 2014. Warsaw, Poland: ACM, 1−8.10.1145/2643572.2643578.
- Arakelyan, Arman; Lamas, David (2014). Situating a Design Space for Sustainable Software Appropriation. In: Human-Computer Interaction Applications and Services (xx−xx).. Switzerland: Springer. (Information Systems and Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI; 8512).10.1007/978-3-319-07227-2.
- Lamas, David; Välyataga, Terje; Laanpere, Mart; Rogalevich, Veronika; Arakelyan, Arman; Sousa, Sónia; Shmorgun, Ilya (2013). Foundations for the Reconceptualization of the e-Textbook. Annual: Proceedings of 8th International Conference on e-Learning ICEL-2013: Proceedings of 8th International Conference on e-Learning ICEL-2013. Academic Publishers, 510−514.
- Arakelyan, Arman; Lamas, David (2013). Facilitation of sustainability through appropriation-enabling design. Multimedia, Interaction, Design and Innovation. ACM, 5:1−5:9.
- Arakelyan, Arman; Lamas, David (2013). Towards a Situated Model of Sustainable Software Appropriation. Conferinta Nationala de Interactiune Om-Calculator: RoCHI 2013, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2-3 september 2013. _EditorsAbbr Stefanut, Teodor; Rusu, Cristian. Bucharest, Romania: Matrix Rom, www.matrixrom.ro, 145−148.
Research database IDs
- Awarded Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for doctoral studies.
- Awarded US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship in 2005
Office Location: 336W/ PAB, Fall 2019