PhD, University of Pittsburgh
Donald Fuller received an A.B. degree in Social Psychology from Colgate University and a Ph.D. degree from the University of Pittsburgh in Public Administration, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is a Fellow of the Institute for Court Management, Denver, Colorado, and holds a certificate as Interpreter in Russian, from the U.S. Navy Language School. He taught 19 years at the University of Southern California, School of Public Administration, eight years at the American University of Armenia during which he was a Fulbright professor for one year; thirteen years at the Anglo American University in Prague, Czech Republic including two years in the Faculty of Social and Economic Science, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia. He is Professor Emeritus at American University of Armenia and recently has been a Senior Professor at AUA in Political Science and International Affairs. Most recently he served as Interim Provost, American University of Armenia. His research interests are in political economy and governance. He has published articles, book chapters and conference papers in these fields.
Donald E. Fuller, Senior Professor
PhD, University of Pittsburgh
(+374 60) 61 25 26
Areas of research and teaching specialization
Political Science, Public Administration, Political Economy, Public Policy
Courses currently taught
- PSIA273 Geopolitics of Europe
- PSIA323 International Governance
- PSIA326 Theories of Globalization
- PSIA371 EU and the World
- PSIA315 Foundations of Public Policy
- CHSS181 Introduction to Sociology
- Kenney, John P., Dan G. Pursuit, Donald E. Fuller and Robert J. Barry. Police Work with Juveniles and the Administration Of Justice, Sixth edition. Springfield, Illinois: Charles C. Thomas, 1980; Seventh edition, 1989; Eighth edition, 1995.
- Lawson, Harry O., H.J.R. Ackerman and Donald E. Fuller, Personnel Administration in the Courts. Boulder, Colorado. Westview Press, 1979.
- Lawson, Harry O., H.R. Ackerman, Jr. and Donald E. Fuller. Personnel Administration in the Courts. Washington, D.C.: The American University, 1978.
Chapters in books:
- “Impact of the 2007-2010 Recession on Central and Eastern Europe and the Solution Dilemma,” in Jurak, A.P. and Pinteric, U. (eds.) (2010), Contemporary World between Freedom and Security, Ljubljana: Zalozba Vega, ISBN 978-961-92951-1-3.
- “Policy Implications for Visegrad Four Countries in Potential Policy Spaces Deriving from Demographic Change as a ‘Systemic Variable,’ in Starovoa, K. and Vass, L. (eds) (2009), Public Policy and Administration: Challenges and Synergies, Bratislava, Slovakia: Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe, ISBN 978-80-89013-43-2.
- “Impact of Recession, 2007-2009, on Central/Eastern Europe and CIS,” in Pinteric, U., et al. (eds), (2009), Global Instability Reflections, Ljubljana:Vega, ISBN: 978-961-92649-3-5.
- “Democracy and Democracy Promotion: World Tendencies and Regional Experiences,” in Sergi, B.S. and Bagatelas, W.T. (eds), (2007), Economic and Political Development Ethics and Beyond, Bratislava: IURA Edition, Spol.s.r.o.
- “Vertical and Horizontal Strains on Administrative and Policy Vectors in Structures Affecting and Affected by Supranational Impacts: The Case of the EU, Its Member States and the World Trade Organization,” in B. Guy Peters, Georg Sootla and Bernadette Connaughton (eds), 2006, Politico-Administrative Dilemma: Traditional Problems and New Solutions, Bratislava, Slovakia: Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe.
- “Analyzing Policy Formulation in the Czech Republic: The Case of the Temelin Nuclear Reactor,” in Bryane Michael, Rainer Kattel and Wolfgang Drechsler, (eds), Enhancing the Capacities to Govern: Challenges Facing the Central and European Countries, Selected Papers from the 11th NISPAcee Annual Conference, Bucharest, Romania 2003, Bratislava: NISPAcee, 2004.
- “Privatization: A Comparative Focus,” in Randall Baker (ed.), Comparative Public Management. Westport, Connecticut: Praeger, 1994.
- “Personnel System Operations in Judicial Administration,” in Steven W. Hays and Cole B. Graham, Jr. (eds). Handbook of Court Administration and Management. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1993.
- “Transformation of the Visegrad Four: Potential Ingredients for System Change,” Innovative Issues and Approaches in Social Sciences, Slovenian Association for Innovative Political Science, Vol. 2, No. 1, January, 2009, ISBN1855-0541, at http://www.sidip-org/iass
- “Professionalizmi I Vidpovidal’nist,” Uriadory: Kurier, May 27, 1993, Kiev, Ukraine.
- Fuller, Donald E. and Dan Pursuit. “Guidelines for Improvement Of the Juvenile Justice System.” The National Sheriff, 31 (4), 1979.
- Harry O. Lawson, Donald Fuller and Nancy B. Elkind. “Education in Judicial Administration.” National Shorthand Reporter, 39 (9), 1978.
- Harry O Lawson, H.R. Ackerman, Jr. and Donald E. Fuller. “Unionizing the Courts.” The Judges Journal, 17 (4), 1978.